Growth and Relocation
Shropshire Distillery Celebrates Growth with Exciting Relocation in Ellesmere, Shropshire
After a (so far!) busy and successful year for The Shropshire Distillery, we are now happy to announce our relocation to the centre of the beautiful town of Ellesmere!
2023 has been another big year for our business, having first introduced two brand new spirits, our punchy and refreshing Grapefruit & Hop Gin and our smooth and unique Spring Vodka!
But it isn’t only distilling that has kept us busy in 2023, also being awarded Best Small Business 2023 by Shropshire Chamber of Commerce and Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Award for 2023 for our “exceptional Distillery experiences.” It’s taken a lot of hard work to get to this point and it’s our commitment to expanding and enhancing the experiences we offer customers that has led us to make the decision to now relocate.
Ellesmere is a vibrant market town in the North of Shropshire, known for its independent shops and restaurants, beautiful walks and of course, the Mere. By positioning our Distillery in the heart of the town, we hope to make an impact on the town’s growth as a thriving tourist destination.
Also our hometown, Ellesmere is the perfect location for the exciting new chapter for our Distillery. The space will allow us to branch out when it comes to our 5-star events and offer easier access and an even better experience for our customers.
While not significantly larger than our current location, our new home boasts a completely new layout that we can’t wait to make the most of. Though we are also thrilled to be able to keep the same rustic, industrial character that we will soon be showing off to our customers!
Our new location promises a big change for our business, but one thing that will remain the same is the warm welcome and atmosphere that we have become known for. As always, we pride ourselves on our customer service and it is the thought of being able to offer an even better-quality service that has fuelled us to make the decision.
Now preparing for the big move, we can’t wait to start engaging with our new local community and support our fellow businesses. The Shropshire Distillery was set up to allow us to run a business that would fit in with our family life (as well as our love of gin, of course!) and we are so excited to celebrate this new chapter.
So, as we open the doors to our new location, we are also excited to invite visitors to join us in the celebrations! Pop in and see us for our very first Open Day on Sunday 12th November 2023 from 12pm till 3pm.
Here's a glimpse of what awaits you:
Meet Owners and Alchemists, Emma and Gareth, as they share their journey behind The Shropshire Distillery and the secrets that make our spirits extraordinary.
- Discover the magic of our carefully selected botanicals that create the distinctive character of our spirits.
- Savour the essence of our spirits by sampling our award-winning gins and let your taste buds revel in the richness of our craft.
- Explore our onsite retail space, where you can take home your favourite spirits to remember this special day.
- Check out our refill service, which will ensure you can enjoy our exceptional spirits while being kind to the planet.
- Visit our Taphouse, the heart of our new location, where you can enjoy our handcrafted spirits and cocktails made using our award-winning collection of Shropshire Distilled spirits.
- Learn more about our in-house ticketed events happening in partnership with local businesses including; festive gin and wreath making, chef-led tasting menus and much more!
This Open Day isn't just an event; it's an invitation to be a part of our story and we hope that you'll be able to join us in a celebratory toast as we mark the beginning of a new chapter for The Shropshire Distillery.
We hope to see you and your fellow gin-loving friends on Sunday 12th November (make sure to get in the diary as we have an attendee-only competition to win a Gin School Experience for Two and exclusive discount offer to shop with us online!)