Terms & Conditions
In browsing or making a purchase from our website – www.theshropshiredistillery.co.uk– you are agreeing to the Terms & Conditions set out below. Please read them carefully before entering into a transaction on this site.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF USE
Users of this site are bound to the terms and conditions detailed below. By accessing The Shropshire Distillery website, you should be:
- Of legal age for purchasing and consuming alcoholic beverages in accordance with the regulations of your country of residence;
- In a country which permits the promotion and consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- Aware of how to consume alcohol responsibly. For more information relating to responsible alcohol consumption please refer to www.drinkaware.co.uk
If you do not wish to be bound by the terms and conditions detailed, you should not use The Shropshire Distillery website.
We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. In purchasing such items you agree that you are 18 years old. We operate a “challenge 25” policy and may request age identification from you before proceeding with the sale as we see fit. If we believe that you are under 18 years old and you cannot prove otherwise we reserve the right not to deliver.
2. RIGHT TO SUPPLY
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter the supply of any product at any time, and to cancel any sale under reasonable conditions, at our sole discretion. In the event of us having to cancel an order, the customer will be refunded the total payment for the product(s) and P&P. This does not affect your statutory rights. Any group of products paid for by a single payment method on one occasion will be deemed an Order. Each individual order will be dealt with separately.
All prices stated on this site are in UK pounds sterling; all orders (plus P&P) must be paid for in this currency, and any refunds will also be given as such. We cannot accept any responsibility for financial loss arising from exchange rate fluctuation between currencies.
While we maintain the site to ensure provision of information to a high level of accuracy, sometimes pricing errors may occur, particularly where prices alter at short notice due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event of a pricing error occurring with an item in your order, we will attempt to notify you as soon as possible, either by email or by telephone. You will be offered the opportunity to cancel your order or to reconfirm the purchase at the revised price.
Where cancellation occurs, the payment for the order will be entirely refunded; if we are unable to reach you by either form of communication, we will consider the order to have been cancelled and will refund you accordingly.
4. PAYMENT METHODS
We accept payment by credit or debit card online. We currently accept the following credit or debit cards as valid forms of payment online: Visa and Mastercard.
In the majority of circumstances, we aim to debit money from your account within 1 working day of processing your order. Any invoices or other financial correspondence relating to your order will be sent to your email address which you provided when ordering if the recipient at the delivery address is not the named cardholder. All order packages will contain a packing slip containing the details of your order.
5. GIFT VOUCHERS / E-VOUCHERS
The following terms and conditions apply to your purchase and use of The Shropshire Distillery digital gift cards/eVouchers, and apply to gift cards in Pounds Sterling value purchased online through The Shropshire Distillery website (www.theshropshiredistillery.co.uk)
- The Shropshire Distillery reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of The Shropshire Distillery gift vouchers at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of your Shropshire Distillery gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and we therefore recommend you read them carefully.
- It is your responsibility to check our gift vouchers terms and conditions from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made. The Shropshire Distillery gift vouchers remain the property of The Shropshire Distillery who maintains the right to cancel the card in its sole discretion in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so (such as to comply with applicable laws or as a result of circumstances beyond its control).
- The value of your Shropshire Distillery gift voucher can only be redeemed online at www.theshropshiredistillery.co.uk provided the gift vouchers is redeemed within the redemption period. By default, a Shropshire Distillery gift voucher has a redemption period of 36 months from the date of issue.
- The gift voucher balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another voucher.
- A gift voucher cannot be used after the expiry date and the voucher will become invalid and no longer available for use. We have no obligation to remind or inform you of a gift voucher’s expiry and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any vouchers are used in full prior to expiry.
- A gift voucher expires automatically once it has been redeemed.
- Gift vouchers may only be used to pay for the whole cost of an event bookable online through our website www.theshropshiredistillery.co.uk
6. PAYMENT SECURITY
All payments through our site are processed by the relevant payment authorisation directly and may be additionally secured using 3D Secure or SCA methods. No credit/debit card information is ever stored on The Shropshire Distillery’s website or web server.
In cases that the order has not been verified we have the right to reject and refund the payment. In some cases, your credit card company may decide to perform an independent check to verify your identity in order to help combat fraud.
7. AVAILABILITY OF GOODS
Our site is regularly maintained and updated to the best of our ability to ensure the provision of accurate information. Nevertheless, we cannot always guarantee continued availability of all our items and occasionally a product may become unobtainable owing to circumstances beyond our control. In such situations, we will notify you as soon as possible and you will be given the opportunity to review your order and, if you choose to cancel the sale, to receive a refund for the item in question.
8. DISTILLERY TOURS & EXPEREINCES
For all distillery tours and experiences booked online, the following terms apply:
- •Ticket holders must arrive at The Shropshire Distillery at least 10 minutes prior to the time printed on the ticket. Should you miss your allocated time entry cannot be guaranteed. If you are struggling to make your chosen tour time, please let us know as early as possible.
- Your booking reference must be produced as proof of booking on the day of the visit. Payments for tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable with less than 24 hours notice.
- Bookings may only be changed at the discretion of The Shropshire Distillery.
- All persons taking a distillery tour or experience must purchase a ticket.
- Any tickets purchased in advance are not valid in conjunction with any other voucher, promotion, special offer or package.
- No ticket may be resold. If The Shropshire Distillery reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold, the holder may be refused entry to The Shropshire Distillery tour or experience without payment of compensation.
- Prices may be subject to change; however, all pre-booked tickets will be honoured at the rate applied at the time of purchase.
- Anyone attending an experience day must be aged over 18. We operate a “challenge 25” policy.
- In accordance with English Law, smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Pets and animals are prohibited with the exception of guide dogs.
- As a licensed premise, The Shropshire Distillery retains the right at its discretion to refuse entry.
- The Shropshire Distillery will endeavour to ensure that the tour & experience is open for use by visitors. However, The Shropshire Distillery reserves the right, in its discretion, for safety, maintenance or otherwise to close any part of the experience with or without prior notice. In the event of such closure The Shropshire Distillery will issue visitors with a full refund for their ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel or out of pocket expenses in respect of closure or cancellation.
Delivery prices can be found on our website and are applied at the Checkout once you enter your delivery destination. UK delivery only. We reserve the right to change our delivery prices at any time without notice. UK Standard Delivery prices cover the UK Mainland (England, Wales, Scotland). Scottish Highlands and other UK islands may have an additional fee added.
We encourage you to provide us with a safe and secure location (Neighbour, Shed etc.) at your delivery address for our carrier to leave your package if you are unavailable. It is your responsibility to ensure that this is a safe and secure location. We cannot be held responsible for a missing package after it has been left in the location you have requested.
10. DAMAGED PRODUCTS
We ensure that all our products are shipped in adequate packing to ensure they are protected. If you receive goods which are damaged you must notify us within 24 hours of delivery.
11. ORDER PROCESSING & DELIVERY TIMES
We will endeavor to process and dispatch your order as soon as possible and certainly within 28 days. Generally you should allow 2-3 working days from dispatch for delivery within the UK. While we aim to provide a good forecast of delivery date, it should be remembered that these are estimates and we cannot be held liable for any loss arising from a late delivery. Items in the same order maybe be dispatched separately.
12. SPECIAL OFFERS
We may, from time to time, advertise Special Offers such as discounts, free items, or free shipping to customers. Special offers can be withdrawn at any time. All special offers are subject to availability and are offered on a while-stocks-last basis. In the event of the offer stocks having been sold already, we will notify you as soon as possible and refund you the value of the purchase for that item. Please also check any individual special offers for specific terms and conditions including eligibility, restrictions, usage or expiry dates.
13. HEALTH & SAFETY
The Shropshire Distillery accepts no responsibility for any death or injury to any person(s), or damage to property, arising from use or misuse of products purchased from the site. This does not affect your statutory rights.
14. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & COPYRIGHT
We retain copyright on this website and all its contents, including text, images, software, website and pages, all of which are owned by – or licensed to – The Shropshire Distillery. Users of the site are in no way granted any right or interest in the content or the intellectual property rights, nor the right to reproduce, use, copy or change any of the contents in any form (written, electronic or otherwise) without our express consent. Use of this Site is granted for non-commercial purposes only, of a private or personal nature. You are permitted to view, copy or print portions of the text or images solely for the purpose of placing orders with The Shropshire Distillery; you are not licensed to use these materials for any other purpose.
'Shire Gin' and ‘The Shropshire Distillery’ and associated logos are our registered trade names and trademarks; we are also the owners of unregistered trade mark rights in them and these identifiers may not be used by anyone else without our express permission. Trademarks of brands featured on this website belong to their respective owners; we can make no warranty or representation with respect to these or any other trademarks.
We are committed to maintaining high levels of privacy for you when shopping on our Site. In collecting any information about you in connection with your purchase, we will abide by the Data Protection Act 1998.
17. LIABILITY & WARRANTY
The Shropshire Distillery offers its services with reasonable care and proficiency but cannot provide any guarantees, representations or warranties regarding the services of any other company, body or third party. Online facilities at The Shropshire Distillery are offered and maintained on an “as is “ and “as available” basis; we can in no way guarantee an error free or continuous form of data or service provision on the Site. Under certain circumstances beyond our control, we may sometimes be unable to offer these online services and cannot be held responsible for such lapses. Nor can we be held responsible for the content of external websites; any links provided are intended for the convenience of the customer: users follow these links of their own choice and at their own responsibility.
Except as stated above, we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such items are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. These terms shall not limit any rights you have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law; nor shall they exclude or limit The Shropshire Distillery’s liability for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or fraudulent representation. The Shropshire Distillery cannot be held liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God. Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, The Shropshire Distillery excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to The Shropshire Distillery; The Shropshire Distillery shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on this Site;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating this Site;
- the infringement by any person of any intellectual property rights of any third party caused by their use of this Site or any product purchased through it;
- any loss or damage resulting from your use or the inability to use this Site, or resulting from unauthorized access to, or alteration of, your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control;
- any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, downloading or using this Site, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from The Shropshire Distillery or its licensees and affiliates;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the voucher other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties (‘External Sites’) to which this Site links, and websites located on or through any External Site, nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to cookies, personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names and other services). In the event of concerns regarding such links, websites or transactions, you should contact the site administrator for those external sites immediately;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
The Shropshire Distillery may withdraw or change any part of this Site or may refuse you access to it at any time if we consider it necessary. We may also terminate this agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of this Site and its facilities, upon breach of any part of these terms whatsoever.
Whilst we aim to ensure that the content on the Site is correct The Shropshire Distillery cannot give any warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the Site. Nor can The Shropshire Distillery guarantee that the Site will operate error-free, uninterrupted or free from any so-called computer viruses. The Site and its content are provided ‘as is’. The Shropshire Distillery do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage you may encounter as a consequence of placing trust in the information found on the Site. Appropriate research should be taken by the user before placing reliance upon the content found on the Site. Any reliance placed on information found on the Site should be done at the users own risk.
18. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Shropshire Distillery have no control of, accept no responsibility for and do not endorse any content found within third party sites which may be linked to The Shropshire Distillery Site. Links to these sites are to ease access for the user. Any reliance placed on information found on third party sites should be done at the user’s own risk.
Use of this Site and these terms are subject to the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English courts. We cannot guarantee that our site accords with the local laws of any other countries.